To ensure the safety of personnel working with machines and equipment or around it, every company should implement these safety measures. Have you heard of LockOut/TagOut/TryOut?
LockOut – Involves applying LOTO (Lockout-Tagout) units and locks to energy control points. This physically prevents the operation of machinery or equipment.
TagOut – Involves applying information tags to energy control points. These tags provide crucial information about the locked-out equipment, including details about the maintenance or repair work being performed.
TryOut – Refers to the verification process to ensure that the lockout is successful. Personnel involved in the lockout procedure must confirm that the energy-controlling device is fully isolated before any maintenance or servicing work begins.
Kõik lukustustööd nõuavad kolme komponendi kasutamist:
LOTO-unit isolates the energy controling device.
Information tag are needed to inform about the lockout. Gives information on who’s doing the Lockout and the duration of it.
For conclusion, responsibility of the company is to:
• Create policy and procedures for all potentially dangerous equipments
• Ensure that all procedures are kept up to date and revised regularly
• Train personnel on how to use the procedures and lockout devices
Responsibilty of the employee is to:
• Follow the policy and LoToTo procedures
• Notify responsible persons on any fault discovered in a procedure